Monday, June 18, 2012

Cooler Corn


So there is a buzz on the net going around about this great cooking method for corn. All though I did not think up this idea, I thought it was so useful that I decided to share it. 

If you have several people to feed at your gatherings and don't feel like messing with corn this is perfect. 

Process
It's really simple! Get a large insulated cooler. Fill it with shucked corn on the cob. Pour a kettle or stock pot full of boiling water over the corn. Keep the lid closed for 30 minutes, and boom. You have perfectly steamed corn! Not to mention, you can leave them in the cooler and they will stay crisp and warm for over 2 hours afterward.  

If you want your corn to really have a great sweet flavor. Add a cup of sugar to the boiling water. Once your done. Just dump it out, and clean her up. Of course I would make sure your cooler is initially cleaned out for safety purposes.

My son is a corn eating fanatic! He'll generally eat 2 ears of corn at every BBQ we have.

Here's a pic of him when he was about 3. Loving corn even back then!


Comment and let me know how the cooler corn worked for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment