Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grilled Bacon wrapped Atomic Fireballs


Ingredients

Prilosec
Pablano Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers
Habanero Peppers
Cream Cheese
A Day off of work the following day!

Now! Me and my wife love hot food. If you said you would take me out and buy me beer for a night if I ate 2 ghost peppers. I would do it. We just love the heat!
For some odd reason on a Tuesday night. We put together the weirdest menu ever! I'm not sure how it came about, but I threw it out there and we both said "ya, that sounds great"!! 
First of all our protein was Jerk chicken kabobs. Which I always make the Jerk marinade from scratch :
If your curious! it's cinnamon, allspice, lime juice, soy sauce, chicken stock, habanero peppers, thyme, oregano, ton's of garlic, diced tomatoes, green onions, red onions, salt, pepper, vinegar, and olive oil. Don't ask me the measurements because I don't have a clue. I pour it in a blender, hit mix, do a shot of tequila, and dump into ziplocs with the chicken! It's hot!

So our sides we're grilled Atomic turds on a skewer which are these:

You know: Bacon wrapped Jalapeno's stuffed with cream cheese! Yum! Also you can adjust the heat by the amount of seeds you leave in the halved Jalapeno's. 

If that wasn't enough! I came up with the idea of all idea's! I said " lets stuff a Pablano with cream cheese, and stuff a Jalapeno inside of it also stuffed with cream cheese, and stuff a habanero stuffed with cream cheese inside of the Jalapeno. Wrap it in bacon, and grill it. We both agreed that this was a great idea. I would consider this a first next to the Turducken!! and boy was it fun.

So it went like this:

I halved the Pablano, Jalapeno, and Habanero


I then stuffed all the peppers with cream cheese but left an empty space for their  passenger peppers, lol


Dammit! why is the picture vertical!!!!! Oh well, computer mishap!

I then stuffed each pepper into it's awaiting pepper vessel. 


......and then filled the rest in with more cream cheese! Then came the almighty pork gift from heaven. Bacon!


1 or 2 toothpics for bacon support and they we're ready for the grill. BTW, the heat in this dish extremely depends on how many seeds you leave in each pepper. If you want to be able to eat the whole thing, remove all the seeds. If you want to shit fire for 2 day's and have to have surgery on your ass, leave them all in.

Anyways. Grilling is tricky. You obviously can't turn them over or the cheese will melt and fall out. So what I did was sear off the bottom. Then I moved them off of direct heat and smoked them for about 40 minutes, until the bacon was crispy!


and low and behold! they we're F'in great!!! I know it seems weird, but if your looking for a fun recipe with friends it's a conversation piece!

So overall here was our well balanced dinner:


......and naturally it's upside down!! Dammit! Oh well enjoy! Oh ya, almost forgot. Beer is the best choice of drinkage for this one!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This really looks tasty. This is perfect for camping get away. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! It was very tasty and not as hot as you would think from removing the seeds. It would be good cooked over a campfire.

    ReplyDelete