Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Grilled Sweet Potato Fritters



Ingredients

1 large sweet potato
1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple
1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp cinnamon 
Maple syrup

Directions

I love grilling sweet potatoes, and love coming up with new idea's for them. I threw this together last minute while we we're making the crispy chicken. So, I peeled a large sweet potato, cubed it up, put it in a Ziploc bag, and nuked the potato for about 9 minutes until it was soft.

In a bowl I mashed up the potato, then added all the ingredients together.


After that I just made patties them up like a hamburger.


I sprayed them with cooking spray, and seared them ff on the grill just to brown them. Then I moved them over to indirect heat to finish off. 


Once I plated, I drizzled on some Maple syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment